Have you ever wondered about the woman behind one of the most popular books in American literature, Little Women? We recieved a new biography about the life of Louisa May Alcott and her writings. Many of her writings were biograhical, based on her own life with three sisters.
Students in third grade will hear the biography read aloud and record facts that they learn about Ms. Alcott as we read about her life and times. We will also look at her home, through the lens of the virtual tour available on the museum website.
I learned many new facts about LMA. Ms. Alcott's contemporaries included Nathaniel Hawthorne and Ralph Waldo Emerson. She studied under both writers. In fact her father wrote a biography of Emerson, who was a close family friend. I was not aware of LMA other writings of fiction, including some written under an assumed name!
I am looking forward to hearing what the third graders will learn about this famous writer.

No comments:
Post a Comment