I think of you often, and miss my colleagues and students! My retirement life is busy with learning to play golf, babysitting my six grandchildren, and traveling with my husband.
I must confess that I miss the people, but not the work at school. I worked hard, and worked long hours to keep the library running, especially after Mrs. Webber (our library clerk) was "cut". In fact, I slept for about four months after retirement to rest up and recuperate! (This reminds me of how hard your teachers and your librarian Mrs. Cook work. Be sure and thank them for the many hours they dedicate to your education.)
I am posting to let you know that I will keep the website up and running. I understand many of you are still using the site. (Speaking of hours of work, this website has many hours behind its construction and upkeep. Mrs. Webber and I learned all about links, postings, uploading, etc. while designing this site over five years ago.)
Mrs. Cook has updated the home page for the library catalog (http://library.fwisd.org/common/servlet/presenthomeform.do;jsessionid=2ED9E49CC9CAC008AC05BAD30F0CD560?l2m=Home&tm=Home&l2m=Home). She has provided good links to resources and current information about the library.
May the rest of the school year go well for all of you! I miss you!
Keep reading,
Mrs. Nader
No comments:
Post a Comment